Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hello!

I have started a petition addressed to the Honorable John Horgan, Premier of British Columbia, to get my degree and my career which were unjustly withheld from me by the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC), and I need your help with it. 
You can sign my petition Hon. John Horgan, Premier of British Columbia: Grant Tetyana Melnychuk her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree which UNBC withheld through discrimination and abuse

 I took out big student loans and worked  very hard to get my registered nurse degree in order to become a self-sufficient member of society and give my child a better life.  Yet I faced discrimination, abuse and persecution at UNBC because I am an immigrant English Second Language student and a single mother. The UNBC  School of Nursing suddenly failed me at the end of my last course and denied me my degree  even though I was one of the top  nursing students in this program.  They thereby maximized their revenue, the bank’s profit, and my student debt.


This failure prevented me from writing my Registered Nurse exam and receiving my license allowing me to work as a registered nurse.  In turn, that caused me to lose the registered nurse job I had been promised.  Now, instead of being able to support myself and my child, I owe a huge student debt with no means of repaying it.
According to a lawyer, I have a human rights case.  However, I cannot afford a lawyer or the other legal expenses which would be associated with a court case against UNBC.  And without legal representation, I am unable to defend my rights against UNBC and obtain my registered nurse degree.


Governments have privileged universities but failed to protect students rights and interests.  The biggest problem is that chairs of schools of nursing can declare any nursing student “unsuitable” just as a matter of personal dislike for that person.  Shouldn't “suitability” be determined by each and every employer, not by one educational administrator pretending to have godlike powers?


Unsurprisingly, UNBC consistently supports the chair of its School of Nursing, no matter what she and some of her faculty members do to nursing students.  UNBC officials turn a deaf ear to students' complaints unless the student can afford to get a lawyer involved.  And guess what?  Since 2011 UNBC has forbidden students from employing lawyers during the appeal process!

 

To know more about how UNBC has mistreated me, follow this link  
http://discriminationabuseofnursingstudent.blogspot.ca/2013/12/how-university-of-northern-british.html


        


Please sign my petition to help me get my nursing degree from UNBC, so I can find a job, pay back my student debt, and support myself and my child.

You can sign  my petition by clicking here. 


 Thank you for your support, and please pass this petition on to others to sign.


                 Tetyana M.


No comments:

Post a Comment